Saturday 29 November 2008

oRvR

First things first.

Ding! R30/RR26

Just spending my time grinding and scenario-ing till I hit 31 and then I will start questing again.

Where does this all fit in? Well first to draw a comparison, I went into serpent's passage. It isn't a lot of fun as a R30 Marauder (Bright Wizards can suck me.) But more than that people's teamwork in there SUCKS, more than any other scenario I've played yet. There are no tactics, no healing, no focused DPS, no running the salvage part.

In contrast I found an alternate way to get renown and exp. oRvR with my guild. We went out both Thursday night and late last Friday night.

No screenshots I'm afraid but I would like to post what happened.

Thursday Evening:

We originally planned to do some keep siegeing but only actually had lost one keep to order, down in Black Fire Pass. We assembled a team at the warcamp of about sixteen strong men, all from our guild and headed down there and took it back with the only resistance a single Rune Priest who fell to our blades and flying dark magic much faster than my bloodlust would have preferred.

We recieved message that an order warband had decided to take Talabecland and High Pass, their impetuousness could not go unpunished and we swept down upon the area like bats out of hell.

Well we needed to get an idea of the situation before we sent a large, unwieldly party out through the snowy tundra of the area and our party sent out scouts, I and a witch elf were decided up and we sullied forth to find out foe, it didn't take long as they were camped up on the hill in the very centre of the area, equidistant between keeps and warcamps, a good spot for a fast defence of any objective but not, in itself a good defensive spot.

We reported back and held out stead, watching the large mass of enemy as our warband circled, unseen around the back of their ranks preparing for a push into the fleshy underside of their healers.

Our warband to the north shouted out their warcry and Akok'in evareh orrifice was heard throughout the Realm shouted lustily by our warriors as they charged south into the enemy. We picked out their most powerful casters first, crippling their ability to hurt us back and then their healers. It went perfectly and we started to push the rest of them back. Suddenly out of nowhere about 4 Witch Hunters appeared admist our ranks and Accused our shamans of heresy, as if they didn't know. The chase slowed as we held back to deal with the new threat, taking out the bastards with our entire arsenal of axes, spells and sheer power. The Ironbreakers, who obviously weren't as stout of heart as legend ran, trying to make their way back to the keep.

It was my time to shine, if you remember I was scouting and away from the main warband further south again. And I know when to stay my blade despite my bloodlust. If I know it will pay off for more in the future. So down came the dwarfs and elven Swordmasters, paying more attention to the horrors behind than the obviously safe terrain in front when I stepped out of a rock bashing the ground as hard as I could. Knocking the lot of them to the ground.

I charged them down alone as they were getting unsteadily to their feet and started in on the first, they all turned to me and I admit I thought I had mis-timed my assault and could feel the loss of blood beginning to effect me when the restorative magics began to course through my veins. The warband had arrived and made short order of the enemies.

My hand tires as I'm sure do your eyes and I will write the rest in a swift précis, we pushed north to those same dwarves beloved drinking spot in the Brewery and slaughtered the meagre defenders.

We took up defensive positions inside, certain that the order were alerted to their presence and spent many more long hours, till long past night had fallen defending the brewery and drinking ourselves into a stupor in turn.

They outnumbered us two to one, their power was greater than ours combined but through some simple tactical manouvers and the ability to work as a team we triumphed

One last story of a fallen comrade, a young one who was foolhardy. When asked for volunteers for scouting duty a young Disciple of Khaine volunteered, we cheered his bravery but told him he was not yet ready. He defied orders and went forth anyway where his bright purple robes and stupid face were discovered and shot through with tainted bullets by a Witch Hunter who he never saw. We have neither time nor place for those that defy orders for otherwise they become a liability such as this.


So anyway, I had so much more fun with the oRvR than I've ever had with any other part of the game so far, I like the fact that the teams are unbalanced and constantly changing and that the terrain changes all the time. I honestly think I prefer fighting for an objective or fighting between them to fighting for keeps as well.

I am glad to see that oRvR is on the up and up on Eltharion even before the majority of the oRvR changes promised. So you will find me doing as much oRvR as possible from now on.

And long may it continue.

No comments: