Friday 21 November 2008

Heavy Metal Change

It is I, the midnight blogger! (GMT) ...also its 1am, but still its late, and Im tired and I apologise in advance for splelnig mstikeas

There has been a lot of QQ about this on the forums, to be honest Ive not really bothered to find out what the gripe is, I've had a good night and thats how I like it.

Live Event Updates

* By popular request, players will now be able to complete previous daily tasks for the Heavy Metal event. A task will continue to unlock each day and remain open until the end of the event allowing players to complete all the tasks at their convenience. Please Note: If you notice an apparent loss of credit for any previous days you have already completed simply exit the game entirely and log back in to correct this issue.

* Reikland Factory: Improvements have been made to potentially increase the rate at which the scenario launches.


So anyway, It looks like you can now do the event quests...whenever, its not just limited to the day its released (Ill get back to this in a second) also it looks like people have been listened to and have gotten the Scenario to queue much faster, this is a very positive change and I don't even mind going into RF more often cause its a bit new and I enjoy it.

Now my main point, and whilst my goblin shaman friend Sully is over the moon about it I am sure (cause his computer wasnt playing nice last night and we failed the 3 PQ stages by a minute when the Live Event updated at 2 minutes to Midday instead of the Midday we were expecting. Yes I know we were cutting it fine but meh.

Anyway I know there are people over the moon about this change that allows Live Event questing anytime...but whilst I aren't really annoyed Im half English and its like a birthright to have a moan.

I was enjoying the fact that everyone had to do the quest on the day it came out as it gave it a little urgency and people were actually forming full parties for the purpose of doing the quests. People had a purpose and were rushing to get it done. Now I assume they will just do it when they get round to it...probably in the course of normal questing.

Ah well, like I said I'm on the fence over it and possibly being a bit elitest cause I already had the three quests and couldn't really see any reason I wouldn't be getting any of the others but yeah, I'm glad that others won't be missing out on the chance of a Blackguard (or KotBS if there are any order lurkers)

Maybe just adding a couple extra quests to the end, so that you could miss a two of days but still get full influence.

Glad that Mythic (GOA?) are looking at feedback and changing the game on the fly still to help out their players, long may it continue.

Night night

No comments: