Tuesday 11 November 2008

It Burns

Destruction hate them, Order love them judging by the stupid number I come up against in every scenario. They are overpowered, no doubt whether due to bugs, bad planning or every one of them being played by MENSA champions I don't know. (I have my suspicions though)

You dont need to be an afformentioned MENSA candidate to know I am talking about Bright Wizards.

We all know them to be bringers of fiery, burny death. My point is that this needs to stop and if you play a marauder then you may be able to help!

I'm Rank 17 now and have been using the same tactic for a little while and thought I would share.

First of all we know that Bright Wizards are incredibly vain and like to see as much of their character burning things as possible and want those numbers as big on the screen as possible. This means they stay right close zoomed in on their character and can't see behind them easily.
Secondly we know they are allergic to the front lines and prefer to stand behind their healers.

The best way to kill a Bright Wizard in my experience is to get the drop on him, as a marauder we don't ponce around in stealth so we can't just run up to him and then appear out of nowhere in his face like those ever so sexy Witch Elves.

All this tells me that the best way to kill a Bright Wizard is to jump 'em from behind. Yes, I know that it may take an extra 10 seconds to take the long way round, but hopefully with sprint you will suprise them.

So anyway you've jumped them and they have hopefully panicked, run away from the keyboard and collapsed in a heap on their basement floor. Sounds likely I don't think, unfortunately despite Commi's scary beard.


So anyway.

1)Nearly forgot, make sure you have Gift of Savagery active.
2) Run up behind them with Charge activated, it closes the ground fast, before they can react.
3) ???
4) Profit

and that is how you kill a Bright Wizard, wait what? You wan't me to elaborate on point 3)??? hmm...okay

3a) Hit them with Touch of Instability, combined with the damage they do to themselves already it racks up a lot of self damage when casting spells.
3b) Debilitate, I stick this in second so that if they do fire cage me and run away Ive got a little extra time to pile in some ranged damage.
3c) If there is a healer around hit them with Tainted Claw to reduce healing on them.
3d) Spam Flail

Okay, if the Bright Wizard does manage to get away from you whether due to fire cage or some other interference keep facing them and switch to Gift of Monstrosity at which point I want you to spam Demolition on them till you can catch them again. If you see them trying to power up a fireball then now is a good time for Mouth of Tzeentch (it's worth it on the off chance it might work)

Anyway, by now one of you should be dead. If it's them then feel free (if there aren't any other targets nearby) to do a little victory dance, I prefer fist bunched with wrists facing forwards and then make little circular motions with them. If it's you then you know you aren't going to be ressed cause your far too far away from a healer for them to care so hit respawn and try again!

Anyway, hope this all helps with the bane of the Earth that is a Bright Wizard.

No comments: