Wednesday 17 December 2008

Where have all the Bright Wizards gone?

You remember, not too long ago you destuction folks the over abundance of Bright Wizards?

Do you fondly remember the days where you were being burnt to a crisp in under 6 seconds?

What happened?

Well here's the thing, the bright wizards said they were all okay, everyone else disagreed and they got a slight nerf. Don't get me wrong they still dish out sick damage when a good player is using them and they have a healer. So now instead of 6 Bright Wizards a scenario we have a slightly more manageable 3 or 4.

What happened to the rest? Well here's my theory. KNoBS (or KotBS if you wanna be Mythically correct). That's right, the old Bright Wizards are mostly, not all, the type of person that sits down, figures out the flavour of the month class and rolls it. My theory is that KotBS is the new Bright Wizard, cause I'm starting to see more and more in T4 and they kick mine and any other melees ass without doing a damn thing. Reflected damage for the win.

I don't begrudge this and I realise its a new class and it will be balanced, why? Because Mythic unlike a few other companies I could name tries to balance all the other classes. Barring KotBS abd Grass is always greener syndrome. I think that the games class balance if actually very very good.

As a marauder I could probably do with a slight nerf to be honest, especially in the area of Terrible Embrace, 10 second cooldown? (but shh don't tell mythic that)

Healers on the whole lack damage, which is a pain when they are trying to solo as there are a lot of reports of lack of enough damage to burn down targets fast enough. Stick them with a DPS though and the two of them will go faster than double the speed the solo DPS would have gone.

My honest opinion is that the two sides are pretty equal, with Destro saying Order is more powerful and vice-versa. They are really rather different beats in some ways which I love and I think a big bonus over WoW where the two sides were esentially mirrors of each other.

I would say that Destro was slightly more organised, tactics wise two times out of three than order and I think this makes a big difference. But on the other hand Order seem to have a hell of a lot more crowd control than destro which means that we need the brains.

The game is suffering slightly from the lack of MDPS choices meaning that RDPS are more proliferant that MDPS or even tanks and they have a hard time of closing the gap, specially with the CC on both sides.

These really are just a rambling lot of thoughts on class balance at this time, take it or leave it but I would be interested to know your opinions on it.

No comments: