Monday 8 December 2008

Four Trees


Okay, so I was happily grinding away by myself running around about to head over to KV to help out some guildies with something that quickly became relevant as you will see when my story is unveiled.

Destruction has been trying to lock Reikland for 2 days unsuccesfully and I think a lot of people had said stuff it its not gonna work, suddenly out of nowhere a Reikland Hills scenario pops and I'm like sure. Then get get back to what I was doing, about 10 minutes later we have locked Reikland. Having just hit R36 I did what any right minded person did when you have access to new content where you can make a difference, I caught a flight to Reikland and headed down.

Now I have no idea how many were in the zone but we went through that door like a knife through butter, mainly due to catching order on the back foot due to lots of activity in KV. We rushed in and this is the point where I started seeing lots of R13 IBs and such...

I practically walked into a wall of LAAAAG and ran towards the door. Where no one was, BIG MISTAKE.

You see the door was in fact not empty but had around 15 BWs standing in the front of it that were invisible until you were within 3ft or so of them, probably due to the huge numbers.

Now comes the even more fun part, my healers can't see me (I'm outside 3ft range and they can't select me any other way) I respawn and run back down only to lag out again. At this point the server crashed.

Five minutes later I'ts back up and I head back into the fortress zone which has reset to 60mins where I soundly trounce a couple of R9 IBs and a R13 Runepriest (what?) Sigh, the game lags out and is as bad as it was and to top it off some moron is spouting off about how only R40 RR50+ (all six of them) should be able to be in a fortress thing. I left and later heard that the zerg died to NPCs inside the fort due to lag.

This is appaling Mythic/GOA. I mean not only were we unable to take the fortress but it means we will never see the city. There must be something you can do about this cause every time the fortress comes up every monkey in chrisindom is going to decend on the place like flies on poop.

I've heard that Black Crag had exactly the same problem and Mythic hotfixed it the same/next day. Is GOA seriously so idle that they can't even copy code over into our client when there is a known issue and its about to be an issue?

Do you guys even play your own game on your own servers or do you just play on the US servers where they get decent service?

To be honest the fortress looked great, the fact that we were hitting them across two doors and there were warband roving around protecting/attacking squishies was fantastic, the fact it all happened in a slow waltz was not so fantastic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goa fuck away.